Middleton Cheney via Sulgrave - Extended
Similar to the Middleton Cheney via Sulgrave route, this route extends the route through past Thenford and through Middleton Cheney.
Thanks to Mick Furn for suggesting this route through our Facebook Page!
- Start by going up Pavillions Way to Halse Road, before turning right at the mini roundabout, then following the road to the right onto Bridgewater Road
- Take the second left onto Ellesmere Road and turn left at the end onto Radstone Road
- Continue along Radstone road for a few miles, past the new build houses and into the countryside. The road gets a bit narrow in places so take care of other vehicles on the road
- There will be an uphill section before reaching the cross roads with the B4525. Cross over and contiune straight into Helmdon
- Continue through Helmdon, past the school, then take the left fork just after the bridge, towards Sulgrave
- This road gets a bit steep here but try and keep a look out for the old railway viaduct on your left
- Continue along through Sulgrave and out the other side, before reaching a junction with the main road. Here you need to take a left and a left again, heading towards Marston St Lawrence
- When you reach the main road (B4525) turn right and take the next right and continue on through Greatworth village
- At the T junction at end of the road, turn right and then right again, heading towards Marston St Lawrence
- Take the left hand turn before the village, which will take you down a single track road and over a stone bridge
- Continue straight and rejoin the main road, heading towards Thenford.
- Turn right at the cross roads and head to the B4525, where you need to turn left to head towards Middleton Cheney
- At the cross roads turn right, where a steep climb will take you into Wardington. Keep left and then descend into Chacombe
- In Chacombe, bear right through to lower slopes of Cherwell Heights and past the Cherwell Edge Golf club and back into Middleton Cheney
- At the cross roads, continue straight and head into Middleton Cheney, continuing straight down the High Street until the cross roads with Main Road, where you need to turn left
- Continue along until just before The New Inn where you turn left again to join Thenford Road
- Continue along Thenford Road until you reach Marston St Lawrence where you continue straight to go back down the single track road and over the stone bridge again
- Turn right at the end and then left, heading towards Halse
- Continue through Halse and back into Brackley, before turning right onto Pavillons Way and back to the Leisure Centre
Places To Stop
- The stone bridge near Marston St Lawrence is a nice place to stop for a drinks break
- There is a pub called The New Inn, in Middleton Cheney, if you continue straight for a short distance, rather than immediatley rejoining the Thenford Road
Routes and distances are for guidance only. Please follow the rules of the road.