Moreton Pinkney and back
A ride north to Moreton Pinkney and back via Helmdon. There are a few hills on the route but they are more short and sharp, with a great downhill section before you get to Moreton Pinkney.
- Start by going up Pavillions Way to Halse Road, before turning left at the mini roundabout towards Halse
- Proceed along Halse Road, through Halse up quite a steep hill and then down the hill the other side.
- Continue along the road, turning right towards Greatworth and up the hill and into Greatworth
- Continue along the road through Greatworth and out the other side, bearing right to head towards the B4525
- Turn left onto the B4525, followed by a right to head towards Sulgrave direction
- Follow the road to the end, where you need to turn right, heading in the direction of Canons Ashby
- Follow the road along up the hill and then back down the hill into Moreton Pinkey
- Take the right hand turn signposted to Weston, past the stone archway, which will take you onto a short sharp hill
- Follow the road to the end, where you need to turn left and head into Weston
- Once in Weston, take the right hand turn onto Helmdon Road and up and out of the village
- At the end of the road, take a left to head towards Helmdon, where you need to bear right and then over the hump back bridge
- Continue along the road, up the hill and out of the village, before crossing the B4525, heading back towards Radstone and Brackley
- Once in Brackley, take the right at the roundabout onto Poppyfields Way until you reach the roundabout with Halse Road, where you need to turn left
- Continue along Halse Road until you reach the mini roundabout, where you need to turn right onto Pavillons Way and back to the Leisure Centre
Places To Stop
- The Crown Inn in Weston has some tables outside
Routes and distances are for guidance only. Please follow the rules of the road.