A longer ride taking you past the home of British motor racing. A couple of steep bits before and after Silverstone but not too bad overall.
- From the leisure centre turn left up the hill of Pavillions Way, turning right at the mini roundabout onto Halse Road, following the road round to the left, onto Bridgewater Road
- Turn left onto Ellesmere Road, following it to the end, then turn right heading towards Northampton Road, before turning left towards the roundabout
- Enter the roundabout and go almost all the way around it, exiting on Turweston Road
- Cycle into Turweston, up the hill, following the road out of the village again before reaching the junction with A422. Turn left, heading towards Westbury. Be careful as this road can be quite busy with traffic
- Once you get to the cross roads in Westbury, turn left and follow the road down the hill, with a steep uphill section
- Continue on the road until you reach the cross roads at the end, then turn right and right again
- Continue on this lane and it will eventually reach another crossroads where you turn left, heading towards Stowe School
- Before entering Stowe School, turn left onto Dadford Road, heading towards Dadford. There is quite a steep hill as you go through Dadford before it levels out again as you head towards Silverstone Circuit
- Ride past Silverstone Circuit and continue straight at the roundabouts to head into Silverstone, following the road round to the right
- Follow the main road in Silverstone, before turning left down the High Street. When you reach the White Horse pub, turn left to go down hill, heading out of Silverstone. Once out of Silverstone there is another steep uphill section, before heading downhill again
- At the crossroads, turn left heading towards Abthorpe. Continue along this road for a few miles heading through Helmdon.
- Cross the cross roads with the B4525, heading back towards Brackley
- Continue into Brackley, going straight at the first two roundabouts, then turn right onto Oak Road
- Follow Oak Road until the end, turning left onto Halse Road
- Turn right at the mini roundabout, heading downhill back to the leisure centre
Places To Stop
- The White Horse pub in Silverstone
- If you have a national trust membership you could stop off at Stowe Landscape Gardens tea rooms
- Stop for a beverage in the Tap Room on a Friday evening, or a bite to eat in the cafe during the week at The Blackpit Brewery, Blackpit Farm, Silverstone Road, Stowe.
Routes and distances are for guidance only. Please follow the rules of the road.