Around the Rec
A short starter route around the Recreation or Leisure centre field.
As you progress in your running training it can be ran two or three times to help you build up your stamina and distance.
- Start at the Leisure Centre and head east past Stepping Stones, following the edge of the field until you come to the path
- Follow the path and then turn left immediatley, following the path behind the houses in Kestrel Crescent and Swift Way
- Take the left at the fork and continue to Humphries Drive
- Turn left again and follow the path down Humphries Drive
- Bear left and follow the path back into the Leisure Centre field
- Follow the path along Candleford Close, turning left at the end, headning back to the Leisure Centre
Extending the loop
- Rather than bearing left at the fork, you can turn right and run past the lake, before turning left and running down Humphries Drive to rejoin the route
Routes and distances are for guidance only. Please follow the rules of the road.