Brackley North Loop
This route takes in the north of Brackley, including the newly built estate along Poppyfields Way. This is marked as average due to the long hill of Humphries Drive.
- Starting at Brackley Leisure Centre, head back out to Pavillions Way, then turn right, heading down hill
- Continue along Pavillions Way until the mini roundabout and turn right onto Humphries Drive
- Continue straight through 4 roundabouts and turn right on the fifth (near the rugby club) to continue on Humphries Drive
- Cross over at the roundabout with Halse Road and onto Poppyfields Way
- Cross over at the roundabout with Radstone Road to continue on Poppyfields Way
- At the end of Poppyfields Way, turn right onto Northampton Road and continue until you get to the junction with Radstone Road.
- Turn right on to Radstone Road and then take the next left on to Ellesmere Road
- Continue along Ellesmere Road to the end and turn right at the t junction onto Bridgewater Road
- At the end of Bridgewater Road, turn right onto Halse Road and then immediatley left back on to Pavillions Way
- Continue downhill along Pavillions Way until you reach the Leisure Centre again
Places To Stop
- There is a new park area built on Poppyfields Way, Poppyfields Park, that would be a good rest stop after the long climb up Humphries Drive and is about halfway
- The Chequered Flag is a good place to get some refreshments with quite a lot of outdoor seating available in both the front and rear garden areas
Routes and distances are for guidance only. Please follow the rules of the road.