Distance: 2 miles / 3.2 km
This is a short walk around Brackley lake and its hidden pocket park.
- Start by the entrance to the lake along Hinton Road, taking the left path downhill
- Follow the path around the lake, continuing past the picnic area
- Keep walking a bit further and there will be a path off to the left into the pocket park, the old dismantled railway, turning left again
- Walk straight along until the end where you will exit the pocket park and onto Banbury Road
- Turn right and walk up the hill along Banbury Road until just past a bus stop on the right of the road, past Steane View but before you reach Westhill Avenue, there is a single track road
- Walk down the track and over the old railway bridge, turning left at the end, continuing back to the lake
- There is a nice picnic spot with picnic tables here where you can have a rest
- Continue walking around the lake until you get back to the lake entrance
Routes and distances are for guidance only. Please follow the rules of the road.